Windows reset problems

PCGUIDE

Reputable
May 20, 2016
I recently messed around with the system regestry on windows when I shouldnt have. When I rebooted my pc, it couldnt boot into windows and instead brought up the windows repair options. After going through and trying to repair I finally chose to reset windows but keep the files. It has been loading on the reset for 5 days now. Any Ideas on how I can get myself out of this one? Its a Toshiba laptop satellite pro so I cant reboot and get into the uefi.

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
Yep easy peasy. Many laptops today have a small partition on it's harddrive that is strictly for system recovery. It all differs but when you restart your computer you have to press one of the Function keys or a combination of keys and you'll get sent to a system recovery menu where you can reset everything back to it's original default status.

As far as recovering your necessary documents/folders before doing this, that's another story. If you can make it to safe mode and then copy them to a usb hard drive then you're all set. If not, then be careful next time~ Good luck!

Latest posts