Windows RT Recovery Image Here for 8.1 Upgrade Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokit

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
The net roars after upgrade from 8 to 8.1 and not just RT. MS fails yet again. Multi-billion corporation don't have money for testing department? I thought its ABC of big software development.

all the stupid trolls commenting here

you obviously have no idea how many installs out there are stuffed before being upgraded and failing for OBVIOUS reasons such as modified/corrupted installs, faulty components or shocking manufacturer installs (ASUS and Acer to name a few are just plain poor, even right out of the box)

damn amateurs

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007

True, but there are some wide-spread problems being reported:
http://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/1oor43/windows_81_warning_for_gamers_issues_with/

alextheblue

Distinguished
I wonder how many of these were due to power loss during the update (installing on battery power with a somewhat low battery). I personally updated ~10 devices (ARM and x86) for family and friends who were concerned about the whole procedure. Every box updated flawlessly. Of course, prior to the update I made sure they had the latest drivers, updates, and firmware available.

cwolf78

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
I upgraded Win 8 Pro (x64) to 8.1 and the only problems I've had have been graphics related. Nvida's Geforce Experience app would not display, and the OSD in MSI Afterburner would not display either. Simply reinstalling these apps did nothing. Had to manually remove them then reinstall them. I've only been on 8.1 for a few days, but starting to wonder if anything else is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.