[SOLVED] Windows say my cd rom is d: but it isn't

Feb 27, 2020
I have windows 10 instaled and when I tryd to play games with the iso mount thing, windows will say that there isn't a disc in drive D:
so the game wil not start
But D: is my second hard drive. I have windows on C: and every thing els on D:
drive E: is my dvd drive and windows use F: to mount iso with

how can I force windows to look at F: insted of D:?

Solution
what do you mean regitrey settings? I have to registrer the game online or what...
"registry" settings, Windows Registry.
the game will have a registry entry in the Windows Registry on your machine stating where it is installed, etc. it more than likely has an entry included that is telling it where to look for the disk. you should be able to edit this and direct it to the correct drive path.
depending on the game; with older games you may have to alter the specific game's registry settings to give it a specific location/drive to look for.

if you legitimately own this game; contact developer support and with proof of ownership(DVD serial, etc) they may give you a digital download code so you don't need a physical disk to run it anymore. or may offer some easier help.

Feb 27, 2020
what do you mean regitrey settings? I have to registrer the game online or what
the game is diablo 1, I have the original CD but windows also say the same that ther is no disc in drive D:, but it should be using drive E: (dvd drive)
so that's why I tried with a iso file of diablo 1 insted

what do you mean regitrey settings? I have to registrer the game online or what...
"registry" settings, Windows Registry.
the game will have a registry entry in the Windows Registry on your machine stating where it is installed, etc. it more than likely has an entry included that is telling it where to look for the disk. you should be able to edit this and direct it to the correct drive path.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020
Oh you mean regedit, wow I forget all abaut that
havent used that since win98, haha
anyway, I serched for diablo and blizzard and I fund the run location for the iso file, it was set to D: so I switch that to F: and it works now!
thanks so much

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost