Windows says my speakers are not working correctly, reinstalled audio drivers, checked services, no clue

AccountPlease

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
My brother came to me with a problem after resetting his computer. His speakers (which did work before resetting), weren't working. I check and in the Device Manager, it says there is a driver error. We google it and re-install the audio drivers for the motherboard like it recommended, but Windows still says the speakers are not functioning correctly.

We've unplugged and plugged it back in, from his PC and the speakers themselves, I checked and his Audio Services is automatic, so Windows should recognize them.

Any ideas or suggestions open, please and thank you to all who help.

Computer Specs:
I5 processor
Gtx 750
8Gb of RAM
2Tb HDD

NOTE: In the Device Manager, it has a yellow triangle by the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC in the Audio Drivers.

Solution

Most likely there are no Win 10 audio drivers for your specific model. Check the HP website for driver downloads for your system, but if there are no drivers for Win 10 you have three options:

1) Uninstall the current driver and rescan (in device manager) to install the default drivers. It might find drivers that are close enough.
2) Try using Win8 drivers for it. Might work, might not work, it's very iffy since Win 10 changed how audio drivers work.
3) Get a soundcard for your computer.

Most likely there are no Win 10 audio drivers for your specific model. Check the HP website for driver downloads for your system, but if there are no drivers for Win 10 you have three options:

1) Uninstall the current driver and rescan (in device manager) to install the default drivers. It might find drivers that are close enough.
2) Try using Win8 drivers for it. Might work, might not work, it's very iffy since Win 10 changed how audio drivers work.
3) Get a soundcard for your computer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS