Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP - Lost Recycle ..

I was following the Norton instructions to uninstall
Norton Internet Security 2004 from my system following
failure to remove through add/remove programs.

This involved running the Script 5.6 for Windows Xp. After
I ran it the icon for the recycle bin changed from a bin
to an icon you get when Windows doesn't know what
something is. You can't change the icon for the bin by
right clicking and selecting properties change icon. Does
anyone know how to change it back to a bin.

The recycle bin works ok it is just the icon.

Thanks

Niall,

Try this fix: Line 64 (Replace/Repair the Recycle Bin in Windows XP)

Then, type REGSVR32 /i SHELL32 in the RUN box

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell