[SOLVED] Windows search not updating

bluebanana0

Reputable
Feb 6, 2020
My windows search seems to have stopped updating. I've tried rebuilding the index with no success.
For example, I've uninstalled Premiere Pro 2019 a few months ago, and installed Premiere Pro 2020 instead. Even to this day, my windows search still shows Premiere Pro 2019 instead of 2020 despite premiere pro 2020 showing in the start menu.
Appreciate any help!

Solution
Type "Indexing Options" on start menu or search box and check the indexed locations. Maybe it's changed for unknown reasons.

Also, make sure "Windows Search" service has not stopped or disabled. (Open "services" and double click on "Windows Search" on the list and check it's status.)

Your drive must be indexable. Open the drive's properties and see if that checkbox which says "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed..." is checked.

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Type "Indexing Options" on start menu or search box and check the indexed locations. Maybe it's changed for unknown reasons.

Also, make sure "Windows Search" service has not stopped or disabled. (Open "services" and double click on "Windows Search" on the list and check it's status.)

Your drive must be indexable. Open the drive's properties and see if that checkbox which says "Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed..." is checked.

Solution