Question Windows Search Unneeded Space

Prominent
Mar 13, 2018
Recently updated to 1809 with feature update. Any idea how to remove this bit in red?
I like my search bar minimal which is why I run with cortana off, so you can imagine how much this unnecessary space annoys me.
m3TsDIo.png

Last edited:

Prominent
Mar 13, 2018
It's not apparent what you've shown or what you're trying to get rid of. You aren't showing the title bar of that Window. If you're trying to get rid of Wordpad, it's a part of Windows so you can't get rid of it.
You know I was going to reply to this with a paragraph about how crazy I find it that you can't comprehend my OP, but I'll skip that because I feel like it'd get me nowhere.
I'm trying to remove the entire half of the window I clearly outlined in red, not the "wordpad" application, which can by the way be removed by simply uninstalling it, albeit you saying that you can't get rid of it. My old search bar was simply the white part NOT indicated by the red square, the more section and the extra white space on the right showing a specific application is the part I am trying to get rid of. This only just appeared and so I'm trying to get rid of it as I see absolutely no need for it and it makes the search bar FAR too large.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you not first to ask question but he didn't really get an answer that helps you

its odd they make a second panel that just shows same options as the right click choices.

Possibly using another desktop theme manager would remove it. Rolling back to 1803 also fix it but thats not a long term solution given 1903 has to be out soon.

Its probable there is a registry fix but I wouldn't have any suggestions there besides back up registry before you follow any suggestions