[SOLVED] Windows Security application not showing up in Apps & Features

Akronox

Prominent
Dec 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I've been having problems with Windows Security, as it doesn't want to open. Every time I try to access it from the Settings App or the system tray, it brings up the "you need a new app to open this windowsdefender link", with no app available on the Microsoft Store. The application also doesn't show up in Apps & Features.

I've used commands in Powershell like "Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.SecHealthUI -AllUsers | Reset-AppxPackage" or "Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} " to try and fix it, but to no avail. The admin account on my computer has the Windows Security app and everything works fine there, but it is the local account that doesn't.

Solution
search for powershell
in the right hand column, select run as admin
copy/paste this command into window: (if you type them, the spacing needs to match)

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

Restart PC is SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Colif

Win 11 Master
search for powershell
in the right hand column, select run as admin
copy/paste this command into window: (if you type them, the spacing needs to match)

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow
and press enter

Restart PC is SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Solution