[SOLVED] (Windows Security Centre) Your Device May Be Vulnerable

xgamer.sa01

Commendable
Sep 5, 2017
Hello everyone!

A month ago I'm experiencing issue with Windows Security Center.
Im using windows 10 pro 1803 version from last 2 years till now every thing was going fine but a month or few weeks ago Im facing some wierd issue with windows security center as it suddenly disabled by its own everything the Real Time protection and Cloud protection etc turned off automatically and appeared as ( Your Device May Be Vulnerable) ok I tried everything to get real time protection emabled but there is no way even the windows defener from the tray icon not working when I click on it but when I tried to it from start menu it opens but nothng works not even scan then I became compelled by Reinstalling fresh windows I did it even I repartitioned my Hard Drive again everything was fine but today it again having the same issue I didn't download anything from pirated source or related not even USB.

After all I've start looking for a solution on youtube and different forums where I found that Microsoft has launched back in august "Tamper Protection" after installing my windows security center got updates everything get back fine but now I don't see any option of tamper protection where I saw it in videos and forums etc, Now I'm worrying what to do it might get disabled again. Tamper protection does not allow anything to modify windows defender settings or something like that but I don't see that option under windows security center checked everything but no success

Please help me is this a virus or what? It is not supposed to disbled again because I repartitioned my pc which means a hard format.

Note down my windows version is 1803.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Reinstalling fresh windows I did it even I repartitioned my Hard Drive again everything was fine but today it again having the same issue I didn't download anything from pirated source or related not even USB.

Where, if I might ask, did you acquire Version 1803 install media at any time recently? It has not been available for download from Microsoft for quite some time now.

If you downloaded it from anywhere other than Microsoft then the source is suspect.

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
Some people are still getting win 1803 updates that they should've downloaded last year. I was one of them. Got my last 2 on august 20th that severely messed my pc up. Downloaded 1903 manually and it's been kosher ever since. Most new drivers will have issues if you don't have 1903 as well. My RST drivers did anyways, just ran slower than it should, stuff like that.

xgamer.sa01

Commendable
Sep 5, 2017
Where, if I might ask, did you acquire Version 1803 install media at any time recently? It has not been available for download from Microsoft for quite some time now.

If you downloaded it from anywhere other than Microsoft then the source is suspect.

Why this happened in this month as it was perfectly fine from last 2 years.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Why this happened in this month as it was perfectly fine from last 2 years.

A question that it is not possible for anyone to answer, really. All the more so unless they would have intimate knowledge of the machine and what had occurred with it that no one here can have.

These things happen, and very often (most often, I'd say) the root cause will never be determined.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Some people are still getting win 1803 updates that they should've downloaded last year.

I virtually never encourage anyone to force/rush a Feature Update and always advise waiting for Windows Update to apply these as a matter of natural course.

I am making an exception for those who are still on 1803. Many people did skip the Feature Update to Version 1809, which was slowed to a crawl after the disasters at its introduction and never did pick up normal speed afterward. But at this point if you're still on Version 1803 I definitely recommend Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file to get on Version 1903 now.

And if you don't want to do that, expect that you're going to need to do it when Version 1909 (or whatever month number designation it receives) makes its debut. For myself, I'd rather cause an intentional update to a version that's known to be very stable, and 1903 is and has been very stable for quite a while now.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Good to hear that all is running well again!

I want to reinforce something that @Digicats said yesterday, or at least the underlying principle, and that is that all sorts of software (whether drivers or otherwise) in the day and age of Windows As A Service will be being updated to keep pace with the changes in Windows itself upon which that software depends. Putting off Feature Updates for an extended period of time is bound to eventually cause "fault lines" to appear if your software and/or drivers are updating but the Windows 10 installation is not.

No one's ever said it better:

There really isn't a point to checking for updates and not installing them. . . It's important to install all available updates. I've been doing this since the days of DOS, and I still don't have the confidence to pick and choose among updates. There are just too many variables involved - and most people can't evaluate the full consequences of installing/not installing updates.
~ John Carrona, AKA usasma on BleepingComputer.com, http://www.carrona.org/