Windows seems completely corrupted after BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKonchu

Reputable
Jan 7, 2016
The BSOD error I had was CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. BIOS is fine. After the loading screen that usually occurs booting into Windows, the screen goes blank. Any help? Thanks :)

Solution
on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << handy boot drive

figuring out what died is the fun part. its clearly part of windows, knowiung file name would help
try start up repair and see if it helps
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that didn't help, try safe mode
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe...

Colif

Win 11 Master
on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB << handy boot drive

figuring out what died is the fun part. its clearly part of windows, knowiung file name would help
try start up repair and see if it helps
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that didn't help, try safe mode
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

if you can't get into safe mode, as sometimes the startup options isn't there, try system restore and see if there is a recent date and roll system back to then and see if that fixes it.

Solution
Jul 16, 2019
I got same problem. When I ran some program such as games and adobe Premiere pro. They worked fine for some time after that there's a BSOD saying critical process died. Funny thing about it is that BSOD left window corrupted it won't restart. After that I have to install new windows everytime BSOD occurs. I had tried to repaired it from technician. Everytime he just gave it to me with new windows installed on it. Also I had changed my hdd thrice. Thing I haven't changed are Motherboard, Ram, Processor. I'm ready to change any part. I just don't want to change three things because of 1. But need to know which component is faulty. I personally think it must be Ram or Motherboard. BSOD error changes every time. But mostly it Critical_process_ died. Need help Asap.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I got same problem. When I ran some program such as games and adobe Premiere pro. They worked fine for some time after that there's a BSOD saying critical process died. Funny thing about it is that BSOD left window corrupted it won't restart. After that I have to install new windows everytime BSOD occurs. I had tried to repaired it from technician. Everytime he just gave it to me with new windows installed on it. Also I had changed my hdd thrice. Thing I haven't changed are Motherboard, Ram, Processor. I'm ready to change any part. I just don't want to change three things because of 1. But need to know which component is faulty. I personally think it must be Ram or Motherboard. BSOD error changes every time. But mostly it Critical_process_ died. Need help Asap.

can you make your own post - only people who would look at this question are people already involved, you get more hits on a new thread - if you give me a link I will help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS