windows set up fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbyG

Reputable
Aug 31, 2015
First of all, if i put the category wrong please correct me. I am new to PC building and have no idea what i did wrong.
I recently build a new PC using these parts: Maximus VIII hero, MSI Geforce 970 4g ,Crucial Balis Sport 16GB, Intel i5- 6600k (skylake) with Sandisk internal SSD 240 GB. I got a W10 Home key and got myself a Rufus bootable USB, I started my PC it goes into BIOS setting, for BOOT section i go into the Boot Option #1 UEFI Lexar USB then 2 is Lexar USB (i have no idea why it says two Lexar when i only plugged one usb in there). After that part i scroll down into the boot override and i clicked Lexar USB and it got me to the Windows Setup part where there is a blue screen asking what Version of Windows you getting and where you install it. I choosed W10 Home (what i am suppose to click) and installed it to the Sandisk SSD 240 GB. Then it go into the part where it says copy files and moving "Files" to somewhere with % rate. After that finish setup part it auto restarted my pc. But it didnt go into the what expresss setting mode where all the youtube windows show me and my Q-Code was 41 (i believe it is asking for Operating System thing because in the User Guide is the number for it). It just keep rebooting and rebooting showing the same Q-code number. What should i do? Sorry if i don't make it clear and make sure to ask me any questions if somewhere sounds confusing to yall. Thank You for reading and helping.

Solution
After you finish the installation procedure involving copied files, you should remove the USB drive, as the next step involves booting from the Windows Boot Manager.
Status
Not open for further replies.