Windows setup could not configure to run on this computer's hardware

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiroMiya

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
I am trying to install Windows 7 on with raid0 my desktop, One is old and one is new Seagate Barracuda 320GB HD When the windows is almost done installing the message pops up saying "Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware."

I searched online for answers and it is a dead end.

Solution
By now I'm sure you have fixed it but...
At "windows setup cannot configure windows for this hardware"
Shift F10
Type -
Cd..
Cd..
Cd c:\windows\system32\oobe
Msoobe
This should force it to finalize and create computer name, password, time, etc.

Plumcrazy73

Reputable
Sep 13, 2014
I did the above and after I enter time, select network it says windows is finalizing installation the screen goes black. It doesn't come back. Any help would be greatly appreciated since Sony was useless. Thanks!

Mistertj

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
If you have an older PC like 2010 or earlier and you just try to upgrade your hard drive then you might have a problem like I did. Most of the newer hard drives have "AF" stamped on the outside of the hard drive. AF stands for advanced format, and that is not compatible with some of the older PCs. You need to get a different hard drive. You need to get a 512 bite sector hard drive. This was the case when I tried to upgrade my HP computer model name is HPE-240f

Status
Not open for further replies.