Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working - Thrustmaster T100 FFB

Vaeries

Distinguished
May 12, 2015
Hi! I seem to have a software problem or something with my Thrustmaster T100 FFB. The wheel somehow works on my low end laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 100). When I go into the Thrustmaster Control Panel to test out the FFB an error appears out of nowhere saying "Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working"
The racing wheel works fine in all the games I've tested, but the force feedback is isn't working at all.

Here's my PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/PNVYcf

Thanks in advance!

- Vaeries

Alex_Graz

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Hi!

I had the same problem and just solved it by deleting a few entries in the registry as someone posted here:
http://www.gutefrage.net/frage/problem-mit-meinem-lenkrad-thrustmaster-f430-ffb-kann-mir-jemand-helfen

translation:
- open a command line via: run -> cmd and then enter "regedit" => opens registry editor
- do a backup via "export" in the menu
- goto the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM
now delete all keys inside this folder (in my case there were three)

It seems as if this work around deactivates the current driver and therefore forces the computer to use some other version of the driver or so... anyway, at least Dirt Rally work now :D

@Guillaume: In your video, I saw that your driver is not the latest version, so in your case you might just update that (ftp://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/Unified_Drivers/ latest one should be 2016_FFD_2.exe ... however at my pc that did not resolve the problem)

p.s.: The wheel did work on a windows tablet which wasn't updated since last fall, so troubles might have started with the bigger windows 10 update around Nov. 2015.

Spoonman314

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hi,

I deleted all the keys in the OEM folder and it is working fantastic. No more crash, and the tests in the control panel are working properly.

Many thanks to you Alex and all the community. I hope this will help many others...

TRENDING THREADS