Question Windows Sleep problems

Jan 19, 2021
For the past few weeks I've been having an issue with sleep mode on Windows 10. Firstly, my PC will randomly wake from sleep after about 10 minutes, even with wake timers turned off through Windows power options. Second, my sata HDD (storage, not boot drive) is undectable after waking from sleep after any amount of time has passed, always requiring a reboot for it to be detected again (even through disk management). Third, if my PC wakes itself from sleep after the 10 or so minutes, not only does the HDD not get detected, but none of my USB devices do either until I manually shut off and reboot the PC. This happens even with no programs installed, and "hibernate" turned off through power options. I have the latest drivers for everything including Windows, graphics, audio, lan, and chipset drivers, all downloaded and installed from my specific motherboard's website and Nvidia website for the graphics driver (fresh install using DDU). Any help with finding the issue causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600X
Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
16GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600MHz
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC
Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold
Sabrent Rocket 4 500GB NVMe (boot)
Seagate Barracuda 3TB (storage)
NZXT 510 Elite case
Windows 10 Home activated

Last edited:
For the past few weeks I've been having an issue with sleep mode on Windows 10. Firstly, my PC will randomly wake from sleep after about 10 minutes, even with wake timers turned off through Windows power options. Second, my sata HDD (storage, not boot drive) is undectable after waking from sleep after any amount of time has passed, always requiring a reboot for it to be detected again (even through disk management). Third, if my PC wakes itself from sleep after the 10 or so minutes, not only does the HDD not get detected, but none of my USB devices do either until I manually shut off and reboot the PC. This happens even with no programs installed, and "hibernate" turned off through power options. I have the latest drivers for everything including Windows, graphics, audio, lan, and chipset drivers, all downloaded and installed from my specific motherboard's website and Nvidia website for the graphics driver (fresh install using DDU). Any help with finding the issue causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600X
Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
16GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600MHz
MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC
Corsair RM750x 750W 80+ Gold
Sabrent Rocket 4 500GB NVMe (boot)
Seagate Barracuda 3TB (storage)
NZXT 510 Elite case
Windows 10 Home activated
Are you using thunder bolt?

Jan 19, 2021
In your bios is there a way to set anywake times not just windows.
There is only two options like that that I've been able to find, called "Wake on LAN", and "Resume by Alarm", both of which I have disabled. There is another option called "Power loading", not sure what it does or if it's even related to the other pptions, but I have left it on auto.

Jan 19, 2021
Enable power loading thats your issue
Sorry
So it appears that the PC no longer randomly wakes from sleep, and USB's will work after sleep. So that's great! However, my HDD is still undected after waking up from sleep. I have tried swapping the SATA slot and cable, and also added a new SATA power cable, that is only connected to the PSU and the HDD. Unfortunately neither of those helped.

Jan 19, 2021
So it appears that the PC no longer randomly wakes from sleep, and USB's will work after sleep. So that's great! However, my HDD is still undected after waking up from sleep. I have tried swapping the SATA slot and cable, and also added a new SATA power cable, that is only connected to the PSU and the HDD. Unfortunately neither of those helped.
Scratch that, I tried waking it from sleep right after typing that and it will not wake from sleep, likely meaning the USB's aren't functioning. The light on my mouse is on for some reason, not my keyboard. Neither using the mouse or keyboard will wake it from sleep.

That sounds like wear and t
Scratch that, I tried waking it from sleep right after typing that and it will not wake from sleep, likely meaning the USB's aren't functioning. The light on my mouse is on for some reason, not my keyboard. Neither using the mouse or keyboard will wake it from sleep.
Unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard see if this works. Apprently this is a huge issue people are having with this board. If this dosn't work my only other suggestion is what everyone else did get a diferent mobo... Saddly this board has big issues.

Jan 19, 2021
That sounds like wear and t
The HDD works perfectly fine, passes S.M.A.R.T tests and hasn't caused me any issues beyond this.
Unplug and replug the mouse and keyboard see if this works. Apprently this is a huge issue people are having with this board. If this dosn't work my only other suggestion is what everyone else did get a diferent mobo... Saddly this board has big issues.
That did not work, but I hit the power button which woke it from sleep and the USB's were working fine. Strange, since I have USB selective suspending disabled. I'm going to try and flashback to an earlier revision of BIOS and see if that helps, as I have flashed to the latest version for my board. If that doesn't help, I will reinstall Windows entirely. I think there could be a corrupt driver somewhere that would be easier for me to fix with just reinstalling Windows than actually trying to find it.
Getting a new motherboard will be my last resort, as this one costed me $300 not even a year ago. It had no issues until recently.