Windows slows down to a crawl, screens go black, random restarts... any help?

fcorazao

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
Hello, my computer keeps restarting randomly. Sometimes the screens go black and never come back, having to force reset. Other times they come back after a while. I've updated the graphics drivers (after this started happening). I've updated to a better antivirus, looked for spyware, nothing. I'm running out of ideas and for personal reasons I can't reset Windows now. Any ideas on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated! I have recent dxdiag and msinfo files which I can share, if that would help.

fcorazao

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

What would be the best way to test for this? I did run a 3DMark and, as far as I know, that pushes the hardware to the limit. It worked perfectly and didn't throw any errors at all. I honestly don't know what else to try for.

fcorazao

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

I'm not home now, but my gf managed to send me some screenshots of CPU Z... I hope this helps!

pZMITd0.jpg

PmewbOE.jpg

SNDCSFH.jpg

jlVPQtB.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
I SEE RIGHT OFF THAT YOUR BIOS NEEDS UPDATING to ver 1.07 start there and see if that helps, and advise. Also have you monitored the cpu/gpu temps while it is running, could be over heating problem Try cpuid and monitor temps.

fcorazao

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013

Thank you!!! We'll try that and get back with results! :)