Question Windows Sound Control Panel is not opening.

Feb 28, 2019
Recently I traded in my power supply and got a new one, so i changed it at home yesterday and as always I have turned the power off before I touched anything. For my surprise when I turn on my computer again my Audio drivers are working but I can't seem to open Windows Sound Control Panel, as in where you change the Audio playback etc. So far I have tried everything such as a clean reinstall of Realtek Audio drivers and a complete uninstall so i could start windows fresh with no drivers installed what so ever. Does anybody know a fix for this? Even the sound icon in control panel is iconless, here's a print screen: View: https://i.imgur.com/x82MnO0.png

Thanks everybody

Feb 28, 2019
The only things you can do is system restore or windows reset (Since it keeps your data, but removes applications, but still do backup).
I have done a chkdsk and then a sfc /scannow and it fixed nothing. All the same still.

How do I factory reset without losing my installed programs? Is there a way? Thanks brotha!

Well, sadly, you cannot reset without losing installed programs. But you can keep their data, and before reset it will give you a list of programs that will remove.

I would suggest you to backup %appdata% root folder (all 3 folders, local, locallow and roaming) just in case.

Last option is to reinstall windows...

Feb 28, 2019
Well, sadly, you cannot reset without losing installed programs. But you can keep their data, and before reset it will give you a list of programs that will remove.

I would suggest you to backup %appdata% root folder (all 3 folders, local, locallow and roaming) just in case.

Last option is to reinstall windows...
so there is literally no other fix? Other than reinstalling windows? :(

That's about it. Such a small problem requires the largest solution. But there are no apps to repair individual operational dlls. The other solution to this type of problem is having a system disk/image backup, kept current from time to time. I have two such disks on this computer but images , by Macrium for example, and stored elsewhere, will do as well. Not data back ups but system. Sorry for your loss.

Feb 28, 2019
That's about it. Such a small problem requires the largest solution. But there are no apps to repair individual operational dlls. The other solution to this type of problem is having a system disk/image backup, kept current from time to time. I have two such disks on this computer but images , by Macrium for example, and stored elsewhere, will do as well. Not data back ups but system. Sorry for your loss.
Will restore points work? I got one from 10 days ago. Should I restore from it?

TRENDING THREADS