[SOLVED] Windows ssd issue

May 6, 2021
Hi,

I have a big problem. I have had my pc for approximately 2 years now and have a primary ssd(Sandisk) which holds my files+windows on it having an issue and a secondary with my m.2 ssd(Samsung) on it which contains my games. It was running fine then i recieved a blue screen of death with the following code 0xc00000e9 which suggests i have a drive issue. I have tried to retart my computer but the same screen appears. When i boot into the bios the ssd appears in the Sata Port1, however when i go to boot options the ssd doesnot appear. I have tried both booting with only this ssd in and still no luck. Any1 have any other tips?

Solution
The 0xc00000e9 error code always has to do with the boot process for Windows. An I/O error, or input/output error, occurs when the system is unable to access a drive or disk, which means it cannot read or copy data. Because it's common, there are many reasons why the error might appear:

• Malfunctioning external hardware or PC components
  • Damaged I/O ports
  • Incorrectly seated components such as a disconnected hard drive that doesn't make contact with the motherboard
  • Improperly configured UEFI, BIOS, or CMOS settings
  • Corrupt system files or Windows Registry problems
  • Problems with Windows Update
  • A boot sector virus or other malware

Colif

Win 11 Master
The 0xc00000e9 error code always has to do with the boot process for Windows. An I/O error, or input/output error, occurs when the system is unable to access a drive or disk, which means it cannot read or copy data. Because it's common, there are many reasons why the error might appear:

• Malfunctioning external hardware or PC components
  • Damaged I/O ports
  • Incorrectly seated components such as a disconnected hard drive that doesn't make contact with the motherboard
  • Improperly configured UEFI, BIOS, or CMOS settings
  • Corrupt system files or Windows Registry problems
  • Problems with Windows Update
  • A boot sector virus or other malware
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056261/memory-and-storage.html

we can try to get into safe mode
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
Enter these BOLD commands and press ENTER after each.

(Note the colon after C with no space; then the spaces which are important - one after T before / & T before { & } before B & Y before L)

C:
BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY
EXIT

You are back to the boot screen -> Shutdown the computer.

Boot back up and "immediately" start tapping F8 (That means power button - then F8).

Hopefully that should get you into Safe Mode. if you can get into safe mode I would copy anything off the boot ssd you want to save.

if it still bsod it might be hardware still.

can you try the boot ssd in another PC to see if it is still working? Not as boot drive, just as a 2nd drive.

Solution