wharfrat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

The sound in the scheme worked then one day stopped. Then I got a virus and
when I put evertything back on the hard drive, which was cleaned and
scanned, I loaded XP sp1 then sp2, the sound worked again. Today it
doesn't???
I have Sound Blaster Live!, with the current driver. I have read all posts
for this subject and I tried a few things, but with no luck. Anybody ever
have this happen or is there aremedy or script to solve this?

Wharfrat why would you waste your time installing SP1 then SP2? SP2 contains
all the updates from SP1. The next time you reinstall windows simply install
service pack 2. There is no need to install service pack 1

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"Wharfrat" <Wharfrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The sound in the scheme worked then one day stopped. Then I got a virus
> and
> when I put evertything back on the hard drive, which was cleaned and
> scanned, I loaded XP sp1 then sp2, the sound worked again. Today it
> doesn't???
> I have Sound Blaster Live!, with the current driver. I have read all posts
> for this subject and I tried a few things, but with no luck. Anybody ever
> have this happen or is there aremedy or script to solve this?

wharfrat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

OK I get it I'm dumb there, no one told me
but this problem is what I posted. But thanks anyway.
I ofund the solution.
Again thanks for responding so fast.

Steve

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Wharfrat why would you waste your time installing SP1 then SP2? SP2 contains
> all the updates from SP1. The next time you reinstall windows simply install
> service pack 2. There is no need to install service pack 1
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
>
> "Wharfrat" <Wharfrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The sound in the scheme worked then one day stopped. Then I got a virus
> > and
> > when I put evertything back on the hard drive, which was cleaned and
> > scanned, I loaded XP sp1 then sp2, the sound worked again. Today it
> > doesn't???
> > I have Sound Blaster Live!, with the current driver. I have read all posts
> > for this subject and I tried a few things, but with no luck. Anybody ever
> > have this happen or is there aremedy or script to solve this?

wharfrat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

I forgot.........only sp1 was available at the time and sp2 was still beta,
so that's why. I hust didn't time stamp the order of events.

Steve

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> Wharfrat why would you waste your time installing SP1 then SP2? SP2 contains
> all the updates from SP1. The next time you reinstall windows simply install
> service pack 2. There is no need to install service pack 1
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
>
> "Wharfrat" <Wharfrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The sound in the scheme worked then one day stopped. Then I got a virus
> > and
> > when I put evertything back on the hard drive, which was cleaned and
> > scanned, I loaded XP sp1 then sp2, the sound worked again. Today it
> > doesn't???
> > I have Sound Blaster Live!, with the current driver. I have read all posts
> > for this subject and I tried a few things, but with no luck. Anybody ever
> > have this happen or is there aremedy or script to solve this?

wharfrat what was the solution? i'm sure other people would be interested.
They may have the same problem as you.

--

"Wharfrat" <wharfrat1965@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> OK I get it I'm dumb there, no one told me
> but this problem is what I posted. But thanks anyway.
> I ofund the solution.
> Again thanks for responding so fast.
>
> Steve
>
> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> Wharfrat why would you waste your time installing SP1 then SP2? SP2
>> contains
>> all the updates from SP1. The next time you reinstall windows simply
>> install
>> service pack 2. There is no need to install service pack 1
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
>>
>> "Wharfrat" <Wharfrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The sound in the scheme worked then one day stopped. Then I got a virus
>> > and
>> > when I put evertything back on the hard drive, which was cleaned and
>> > scanned, I loaded XP sp1 then sp2, the sound worked again. Today it
>> > doesn't???
>> > I have Sound Blaster Live!, with the current driver. I have read all
>> > posts
>> > for this subject and I tried a few things, but with no luck. Anybody
>> > ever
>> > have this happen or is there aremedy or script to solve this?

wharfrat

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2004

Yeah ok, thanks John.

It twas in a different, thread on the same subject, you go to sounds under
control panel>to change sound scheme. Enter the sound you want. Click ok or
accept.
back out of control panel, then do the same step a second time.
reboot and it should work. It did in my case.

Steve E
wharfrat

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> wharfrat what was the solution? i'm sure other people would be interested.
> They may have the same problem as you.
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
>
> "Wharfrat" <wharfrat1965@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > OK I get it I'm dumb there, no one told me
> > but this problem is what I posted. But thanks anyway.
> > I ofund the solution.
> > Again thanks for responding so fast.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Wharfrat why would you waste your time installing SP1 then SP2? SP2
> >> contains
> >> all the updates from SP1. The next time you reinstall windows simply
> >> install
> >> service pack 2. There is no need to install service pack 1
> >>
> >> --
> >> John Barnett MVP
> >> Associate Expert
> >> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
> >>
> >> "Wharfrat" <Wharfrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the information Steve. Now anyone else that has the same problem
can see what you did to eliminate the problem.

--

> Yeah ok, thanks John.
>
> It twas in a different, thread on the same subject, you go to sounds under
> control panel>to change sound scheme. Enter the sound you want. Click ok
> or
> accept.
> back out of control panel, then do the same step a second time.
> reboot and it should work. It did in my case.
>
> Steve E
> wharfrat
>

> "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
>
>> wharfrat what was the solution? i'm sure other people would be
>> interested.
>> They may have the same problem as you.
>>
>> --
>> John Barnett MVP
>> Associate Expert
>> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
>>
>> "Wharfrat" <wharfrat1965@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> > OK I get it I'm dumb there, no one told me
>> > but this problem is what I posted. But thanks anyway.
>> > I ofund the solution.
>> > Again thanks for responding so fast.
>> >
>> > Steve

TRENDING THREADS