Question Windows starting up monitors are darker than usual, but after restart it fixes.

May 9, 2019
So pretty much after i build my new pc, i installed linux to try if i would like it(i didnt), so i installed windows 10 at first everything was ok, but after installing all the latest updates the computer monitors seem to be darker than usual and seem to fix themselfs after a restarts(which is annoying).
Specs:
I9-9900K
RTX 2080 Windforce
32Gigs DDR4 3000Mhz Ram (Dont ask why)
Intel 660p 1TB M.2
Crucial MX500 SSD
Asus Rog strix Z390-E Gaming

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
what screen?
which linux distro did you try? if you want windows like ease of use Linux Mint with cinnamon is my go to choice and is the second OS on my system.
do you still have the linux installer? can you boot into the live OS and see if the display does the same here? if the "darkness" follows you to linux the issue is most likely a setting in the display menu.
if the screen works properly in linux I would try different windows drivers, previous versions. do not go back more than three driver versions.
be sure to use DDU-display driver uninstaller to remove completely all the GPU drivers in windows before changing the drivers

May 9, 2019
I used Pop_os! and i uninstalled it. Its darker at desktop but when i CTRL+ ALT + DEL the menu there is not as dark as desktop.
I already Booted in safe mode and used DDU, after that windows automatically installed nvidia driver, so i didnt bother.

TRENDING THREADS