Question Windows startup brings me to desktop with command prompt

Apr 11, 2020
Hello Forum :)

I've got a little issue with my pc, specifically windows 10.

When my PC restarts, after startup and I sign into windows, it brings me to my desktop, blank with command prompt open. Now I type in explorer.exe and that starts everything up like normal, but I have to do it everytime and I'm afraid this might be an issue with system32.

Previously I did some pc optimizations, and I repaired my registry because one of my hard drives was dissapearing and I thought it might've been failing on me but after some registry repairing and optimization I managed to fix the problem. Now some time after that I think is when this started happening, if that can maybe help figure out what caused the issue or something.

My pc works fine after running explorer.exe in the command prompt, it is a little slow and sometimes I get some small lag when doing things and sometimes applications freezing (uncommon) which is also why I was trying to do some repairing and optimization to reduce CPU and Ram usage because my pc has been acting weird.

Anyway for Now I just need to fix this problem.

Let me know if you think you can help me out with a solution!

Thanks guys :)

Hello Forum :)

I've got a little issue with my pc, specifically windows 10.

When my PC restarts, after startup and I sign into windows, it brings me to my desktop, blank with command prompt open. Now I type in explorer.exe and that starts everything up like normal, but I have to do it everytime and I'm afraid this might be an issue with system32.

Previously I did some pc optimizations, and I repaired my registry because one of my hard drives was dissapearing and I thought it might've been failing on me but after some registry repairing and optimization I managed to fix the problem. Now some time after that I think is when this started happening, if that can maybe help figure out what caused the issue or something.

My pc works fine after running explorer.exe in the command prompt, it is a little slow and sometimes I get some small lag when doing things and sometimes applications freezing (uncommon) which is also why I was trying to do some repairing and optimization to reduce CPU and Ram usage because my pc has been acting weird.

Anyway for Now I just need to fix this problem.

Let me know if you think you can help me out with a solution!

Thanks guys :)
Run a windows 10 install usb when you get to the windows install option instead of clicking install click Windows repair in the bottom left corner, after such run repair pc at boot

Apr 11, 2020
Run a windows 10 install usb when you get to the windows install option instead of clicking install click Windows repair in the bottom left corner, after such run repair pc at boot

Hi, I should've noted in my post that I have already tried this, and it did not change anything.

I went to settings, recovery, run advanced startup, advanced, startup repair and it ran the diagnostics and rebooted, It didn't seem to change anything

TRENDING THREADS