Windows Startup not Working

Sensei Nacho

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013
I just changed computer cases last night and have been having tons of problems that I have figured out. Unfortunately, one thing has stumped me. When I start my computer it gives me the options for running a startup repair program or starting windows normally. If i start windows normally the computer restarts itself and goes back to the same screen. If I run the repair it says that it cannot automatically repair the startup. I tried repairing windows with the install disc but it says that the disc and my computer don't have the same version and it can't repair it. I have no idea what to do now. Speedy responses would be appreciated!

Solution
So you didn't make any changes to the drive controller mode (AHCI to IDE) or anything like that?

And can you get to the advanced repair options and try a system restore?

Sensei Nacho

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

I made changes to BIOS after changing the case because it was saying my CPU was running too slow and wouldn't let me boot so I set it to ignore that. As far as I can tell, all the cables are hooked up correctly.

Sensei Nacho

Honorable
Aug 30, 2013

Thank you so much! I had changed my drive to IDE and then changed it back to AHCI but must not have saved it. You are a lifesaver!