Windows Startup problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubhav Karanseth

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
My laptop has a failing HDD. When I try to install Windows on it it says that it may fail soon, yet I install it anyway. It's almost 5 years old. Recently, I'm facing a new problem. I installed Windows 10 on it, fresh install. A few weeks later, Windows failed to start up. Start up repair failed too, even my efforts of repairing the bootrec or MBR through CMD went futile. I formatted the C:/ drive again, installed Windows 10, only to face this a few weeks later again. Is the failing HDD the problem, or could it be another reason? I do not want to replace the HDD with a new one spending 4k INR to realize that was not the problem.

Solution
Hi.

I would say yes it could be the cause of the failing HDD as you mentioned you already had some errors about your HDD. When you did a clean install of Windows that should have solved the problem right away but in your case with a failing HDD that can be the cause.
Hi.

I would say yes it could be the cause of the failing HDD as you mentioned you already had some errors about your HDD. When you did a clean install of Windows that should have solved the problem right away but in your case with a failing HDD that can be the cause.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.