Windows stuck on loading screen

fozzer14

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Hi my computer takes a while to boot it will load past the mobo splash screen but it hangs on the windows 7 starting windows screen for 15 minutes to maybe 25 minutes and sometimes it boots in to windows and other times it shuts off I am not sure what is causing it.

My specs are amd fx 8320 processor
8gb ram
Gtx 960 graphics card
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit

Any help much appreciated thanks

Solution
I suggest before you do anything else do a back up:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Once you have done that from Mt Computer screen, right click on drive C:/ > Properties > Select Tools > Check now

See what the HDD is like, also check for free space! if you have less than 30% of overall disk space free I suggest you either reduce the amount of data your storing on the C drive, or Get a larger HDD.

You can replace the HDD with a small SSD say 120GB, do a fresh Windows 7 Install on it to get the best results, then used your existing HDD as a secondary drive for file/data storage.

If the scandisk reports loads of errors and problems it might be better to change that as well. That would be my...

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
I suggest before you do anything else do a back up:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Once you have done that from Mt Computer screen, right click on drive C:/ > Properties > Select Tools > Check now

See what the HDD is like, also check for free space! if you have less than 30% of overall disk space free I suggest you either reduce the amount of data your storing on the C drive, or Get a larger HDD.

You can replace the HDD with a small SSD say 120GB, do a fresh Windows 7 Install on it to get the best results, then used your existing HDD as a secondary drive for file/data storage.

If the scandisk reports loads of errors and problems it might be better to change that as well. That would be my 1st port of call.

Solution