Question Windows stuck on loop after new cpu install

Dec 22, 2019
Hey guys...

So I recently upgraded from a i5 - 9400F to a i7 9700K... Also got a larger Corsair power supply that I installed. My motherboard supports 8th & 9th gen cpu’s. On start I get the repeating looping windows screen, or it freezes and I have to reset again. I’ve put the old processor back in, same issue.

I checked my BIOS & I have the current BIOS update. My AIO works fine, it looks like my SSD is being read still, as it is an option to boot from.

Sometimes I get the blue screen of death after it loops for 5-10 minutes saying “ inaccessible boot drive.

Not sure what to do, have lost a whole night of sleep following all directions I’ve read online.

Please someone help. If I need to buy another SSD or copy of Windows it’s not a huge problem.

Jan 3, 2020
Hey guys...

So I recently upgraded from a i5 - 9400F to a i7 9700K... Also got a larger Corsair power supply that I installed. My motherboard supports 8th & 9th gen cpu’s. On start I get the repeating looping windows screen, or it freezes and I have to reset again. I’ve put the old processor back in, same issue.

I checked my BIOS & I have the current BIOS update. My AIO works fine, it looks like my SSD is being read still, as it is an option to boot from.

Sometimes I get the blue screen of death after it loops for 5-10 minutes saying “ inaccessible boot drive.

Not sure what to do, have lost a whole night of sleep following all directions I’ve read online.

Please someone help. If I need to buy another SSD or copy of Windows it’s not a huge problem.
I really hope you have solved it because that sounds like a horrible situation ,i don't think you'll need a new SSD , maybe check if you applied your thermal paste correctly or if there's no problems with your temps , because a CPU usually take around 5-10 minutes to overheat and just shut the computer off , try to do a clean install of windows and install it in your SSD via another PC if you have another one