[SOLVED] Windows stutters after MOBO and CPU replacement.

Mar 27, 2020
Hello, I've recently upgraded my mobo to a MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus and CPU to a Ryzen 7 3800X. First few days everything went well. After two days my pc started to stutter after booting, mouse lags, sounds stutters, ... Usually it would disappear in like 5 minutes but sometimes it just stayed forever. I then realized I had forgotten to install all the drivers. So I went ahead and installed all of those (only the AMD PCI Device Driver always failed). I also update my BIOS and Windows to the latest updates. Sometimes I boot and it doesn't happen some time it does and won't even go away, but mostly it seems to happen when I come out of hibernation.

Specs:

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 7 3800X
EVGA RTX 2070 super
32 GB of RAM (2x 8 GB of Vengeance 3200 Mhz and 2x 8GB of Vengeance 2133 Mhz)
Corsair CS6 750W

CPU temp never goes over 65°c (and is around 30-35°c in idle)
GPU temp never over 65°c as well and around 27°c idle

CPU load seems normal
so does GPU and RAM.

Getting kind of clueless since sometimes it's gone for a day or two and then it suddenly returns. Rebooting the system sometimes helps.
Also I noticed that since the new CPU, Mobo (and GPU a week earlier) sometimes my games lag real bad for a second or two and drops like to half the amount of frames. This doesn't occur very often. Like once or twice per play session.

Last edited:
Solution
D
Why is it that people think you can change out all the hardware and windows will still work?. Format and reinstall windows
D

Deleted member 14196

Why is it that people think you can change out all the hardware and windows will still work?. Format and reinstall windows

Solution