[SOLVED] Windows suddenly very slow, Long Computer boot times

BritishBandit

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Windows 10 is suddenly very slow,

Hey guys, so recently our computer has become very slow on startup and barely functions when we are on the desktop. The problem happened very suddenly with no prior warning, I went to turn on our pc after having used it 2 hours ago to play some games, and when i did, it took around 10-15 minutes to get past the motherboard pop up screen, and even longer on the windows loading screen. At first I thought that our SSD holding our OS was the problem, so we replaced it with a newer ssd and cloned the contents, including our OS to the new SSD. However the problem seemed to persist. What seemed to help a little was unplugging our 1TB hdd, however this only improved the loading times, and our computer was still very slow compared to how it was, and when trying to use Windows services, such as its' search, the input lagged and so did the search results. We have also tried a system restore but the same thing is still happening. I have no idea what to try next. Here are the relevant specs

Mobo : Asus Prime B250M-a
CPU : i5-7500
PSU : 650W EVGA
HDD :
1TB Seagate Mechanical
250 GB Kingston SSD (Cloned from old one and carrying the OS)
500 GB Kinston SSD
1 8GB ram stick

Solution
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe what your system is doing.

Look for some application, process, or service that has a high % of use with respect to CPU, RAM, drive use, etc...

Remember you can sort the values by clicking the column headers.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe what your system is doing.

Look for some application, process, or service that has a high % of use with respect to CPU, RAM, drive use, etc...

Remember you can sort the values by clicking the column headers.

Solution