Windows System Servce Launcher

When I go to mapquest to get a map, I get an error
"Encontered problem, Curtains for Windows System Service Launcher (NT) will
close"

Help, I know nothing

Hi, hvismyjob.

Google found lots of hits for "curtains +launcher", but when I made it
"curtains +'system launcher'", there was only one, and there I found this
paragraph from "Ganymede", who had originally asked the question:

"Well, the mystery of the Curtains for Windows System Launcher has been
solved. The actual name of the program is CurtainsSysSvcNT.exe. A few days
ago I downloaded and installed a security manager offered by Comcast and the
mystery program is part of that package. I just got off the phone with Tech.
Support at Comcast. The program needs Internet access for updates. So it's
legitimate. Thanks for the suggestion about using hijackThis. I did download
it and run it but it didn't show up anything out of the ordinary, but I"m
glad to have it as it may prove useful in the future."

Since I see "comcast" in your address, I suggest you ask Comcast about this.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:55:51 -0600, R. C. White wrote:

> "Well, the mystery of the Curtains for Windows System Launcher has been
> solved. The actual name of the program is CurtainsSysSvcNT.exe. A few days
> ago I downloaded and installed a security manager offered by Comcast and the
> mystery program is part of that package. I just got off the phone with Tech.
> Support at Comcast. The program needs Internet access for updates. So it's
> legitimate. Thanks for the suggestion about using hijackThis. I did download
> it and run it but it didn't show up anything out of the ordinary, but I"m
> glad to have it as it may prove useful in the future."
>
> Since I see "comcast" in your address, I suggest you ask Comcast about this.

Good searching, RC! I tried but didn't even come close to finding that. I'm
surprised at ComCast for using something that delivers a message that says
"Curtains for Windows." The phrase had me worried that this was some evil
malware saying something similar to "buh-bye Windows - ha, ha user!"

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi, Sharon.

Yeah, it sounds weird, doesn't it? Malicious, even!

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX