Question Windows system service exception error after switching to new hardware

Jan 23, 2019
Hi, so today I decided to upgrade my pc by changing out my MOBO CPU GPU and RAM while keeping my old storage which holds my windows and other documents. After the switch I realised i made a rookie mistake... i forgot to remove the old hardware drivers and now windows does not boot because the old drivers do not match with the new hardware, at least this is what i assume. I have tried inserting my original windows 10 disc and tried repairing to no avail. Would i have to do a clean factory reset to solve this issue? I can successfully boot to the login screen for 2 seconds before the blue screen shows and loops the same process again. Would really appreciate your help.

Jan 23, 2019
Full wipe and reinstall of the OS.
Hi thanks for the reply, i am unable to reset my SSD which holds my windows 10. If im not mistaken this is how you do a clean wipe. Boot into windows disc > click repair > troubleshoot > reset this pc > remove everything > clean the drive fully. However i face the error message "There was a problem while resetting your PC". May i know what is the issue here and how to fix. Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Hi thanks for the reply, i am unable to reset my SSD which holds my windows 10. If im not mistaken this is how you do a clean wipe. Boot into windows disc > click repair > troubleshoot > reset this pc > remove everything > clean the drive fully. However i face the error message "There was a problem while resetting your PC". May i know what is the issue here and how to fix. Thanks
From a working system, you create a Win 10 USB or DVD install:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Boot from that, and do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS. You do this with only the single desired drive connected.

drivinfast247

Notable
May 29, 2018
You need to create a Windows bootable install USB. Find it on Microsoft website. This will do a complete wipe and reformat of the drive and install Windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS