Question Windows takes forever to shutdown

Feb 27, 2019
Just recently when I shutdown my laptop the display quickly shutdown but everything besides the display is still working the keyboard and mouse lights are still work even the fans are working heck I even still hear the sounds coming from the laptop. Please I really need a help I'm using a ASUS VIVOBOOK X504U

Feb 27, 2019
what kind of storage do you have (SSD, HDD etc)? there could also be a couple processes that are taking a long time to close before windows can fully shut down.
I'm using at 1TB HDD running at 7200 and I even experimented too see how long would it take to shutdown when just newly opened but it still takes the same time but when I shut it down when in safe mode it shuts down really fast like 3-6 seconds

Feb 27, 2019
what kind of storage do you have (SSD, HDD etc)? there could also be a couple processes that are taking a long time to close before windows can fully shut down.
And sometimes when I accidentally pressed some keys in the keyboard while the display is already off but the keyboard and mouse's light is still turned on it just stops to shutdown that I need to forced shutdown it just to shut it down

Bentheball1

Reputable
Nov 28, 2016
And sometimes when I accidentally pressed some keys in the keyboard while the display is already off but the keyboard and mouse's light is still turned on it just stops to shutdown that I need to forced shutdown it just to shut it down
ok can you try updating your drivers (especially Intel(R) Management Driver in Device Manager) you can find your drivers in device manager, just right click and click update driver, and do the search automatically option.

Feb 27, 2019
My Intel Management Driver was already updated to the latest version I'm currently scanning my PC with Malwarebytes just in case the reason for this happening to my laptop is virus

Feb 27, 2019
Done with the scan and the problem still persist the keyboard lights quickly turn off but it still turns on when I press numlock, capslock and scroll lock and the light of the mouse is still lighted up

Feb 27, 2019
And btw I just restarted my laptop when I shutted it down with almost no background apps running beside the system services but still takes 2-3 mins to completely shutdown