Windows task bar not responding

vobakon

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello, all of a sudden whenever I try to open file explorer from taskbar it won't open. After that the whole taskbar will stop responding and it will say windows has stopped working. I end the process and it goes back to normal but I cannot open file explorer what so ever without breaking the taskbar and stopping my computer from running for about 30 seconds.

This can be caused by a couple of things.

First you should start out by running a program like CCleaner to delete files that could be slowing the system down. CCleaner also has a registry cleaner and a startup program disabler. Make sure to use these to further speed up the system.

If none of the above works, changing the port the sata cable is plugged in can sometimes fix this issue or just change the sata cable entirely. This will only work on desktop.

Another option is to refresh the windows install.

It's possible that note of the mentioned methods above will work. In that scenario it's likely that your Hard Drive / SSD is going bad and replacement would be prudent but we won't jump to this conclusion until every option has been tested.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution