Windows ten won't load at times

Liam25

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Hello would anyone be able to help me? this is what is happing

i turn on my pc and everything loads good i get to the screen with the picture then i click for the screen to put my password in but the place where i'm suppose to put my password to get to descktop won't load. i'm having to restart my pc several times for it to actually pop up. it seems like it's random wither it will pop up or not

Solution
Microsoft need to offer a better alternative, 2 ways to fix users, blunder into the registry and hope you get right folders, or make a new user.

http://www.techbout.com/fix-corrupt-user-profile-windows-10-9139/

I would make new user as breaking registry would mean reinstalling everything else. Hence my desire for a third way. It might be a security concern but how many times we need to make a new user before it all breaks?

Colif

Win 11 Master
see if this helps:
from desktop, choose settings/update & security/recovery
Click restart this pc under advanced start up
this loads blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

another choice, from desktop
right click start button
choose command prompt (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter

this scans system files and may fix this behaviour
then in same window, copy/paste this in:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM fixes SFC, SFC fixes windows. If SFC had any errors before DISM, try it again after.

Liam25

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

still does not work helped but did not fix i have to restart my computer atleast once before i could actrually log on

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have noticed that the logon page won't load for me if my PC isn't attached to internet, I get the lock screen but hitting a key just loads a blank page with no logon bar, is that what you get? IT has 3 icons in bottom right so it sort of works. I fixed it by clicking the icon that stands for network connections and choosing mine, it then showed the box.

I normally use Ethernet and never unplug from net, this only happened after a storm where I had disconnected the cable

Liam25

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

i think that's it what i get but i'm always connected to internet. lick i click with my mouse and the screen gets darker like for when you log on but the logon thing dosn't load like the thing you would put your password in. but if i turn off my computer then turn it back on it works.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know how you fix that part. its not the user I don't think, its the mechanism that does the work for the user... I don't know how you fix users either. There is a fix for almost everything else in windows but not users... that seems a strange thing to leave out.

One fix I would suggest is create a new local user, and then copy all of your current users folders (in c/users/username) onto the new user and also make it an admin as this makes life so much easier. Swap to new user and see if this fixes this behaviour.

Its what I did, I have 2 users, the current local account I always use, and my slightly possibly broken main user account as backup, as its nice having 2 admins in case I mess anything up. Just have to make sure i don't forget that password.

Liam25

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

OKay i'll try that do this started to happen when i installed my ssd. do you think that has anything to do with it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Microsoft need to offer a better alternative, 2 ways to fix users, blunder into the registry and hope you get right folders, or make a new user.

http://www.techbout.com/fix-corrupt-user-profile-windows-10-9139/

I would make new user as breaking registry would mean reinstalling everything else. Hence my desire for a third way. It might be a security concern but how many times we need to make a new user before it all breaks?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
After upgrading my desktop to Windows 10 Technical Preview (which works fine on my laptop), I was no longer able to log in on my desktop. Windows starts normally, but when I arrive at the starting screen, though my Windows Account profile appears to be present (my user image is displayed), there's not even any space in which I could type my password. As such I've been stuck with a desktop at the login screen. Help?

Some background context: my desktop is has a core i5 processor, and I was upgrading from Windows 7.

It is a " known" issue. Microsoft is aware of that.

Meanwhile here is the workaround......

press Crtl+Alt+Delete keys.

That should bring back the sign in screen with the password box.

Does that work for you ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0672d7b7-aedf-4347-94ae-d1cc7766cd54/windows-10-no-login-prompt?forum=WinPreview2014General

that is over a year ago, if they know about it... fix it please...