Windows Time Service W32Time errors

I have meticulously followed the KB article 216734 "How to configure an
authoritative time server in Windows 2000" on my PDC Operations Master, and
triple-checked my settings, but it keeps logging errors 54 "The Windows Time
Service was not able to find a Domain Controller. A time and date update was
not possible." and 64 "Because of repeated network problems, the time service
has not been able to find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long
time.", etc. If I perform a "w32tm /s" at a command prompt, I get "RPC to
local server returned 0x0"

Can someone help me? Thanks very much.

--
- Mark

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 06:59:04 -0700, "Mark C. Walton" <MarkCWalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have meticulously followed the KB article 216734 "How to configure an
>authoritative time server in Windows 2000" on my PDC Operations Master, and
>triple-checked my settings, but it keeps logging errors 54 "The Windows Time
>Service was not able to find a Domain Controller. A time and date update was
>not possible." and 64 "Because of repeated network problems, the time service
>has not been able to find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long
>time.", etc. If I perform a "w32tm /s" at a command prompt, I get "RPC to
>local server returned 0x0"
>
>Can someone help me? Thanks very much.

Is port 123 open?

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
http://www.jsifaq.com

Yes, I am running ISA Server and made sure that port 123 is open.
--
- Mark