windows uninstall from ssd?

Solution
Hi
You have the option during windows install to format the drive which clears out all files on c:
You will get option to repair existing windows or install over top of existing windows or format and install from scratch

Quick format is default and some data files may be recovered if not overwritten
Otherwise full format overwrites all of disk ( vista & 7 not XP)

Cd implies XP as vista & 7 &. 8 come on DVD

This is a software not hardware question where giving your windows version(s) would be usefull to give correct answer

Regards
Mike Barnes
Hi
Is that all one partition c: or a c: & d:
You need to boot up from a windows DVD
Take advanced options and format the partitions
To erase all data untick quick format

Alternative boot from a live Linux cd or Hirens cd and format c: (& optionally d:)

Alternatively remove disk and put into another PC, and format

There is no uninstall Windows program unless you upgraded from an older version of windows and c:/windows.old still exists and you want to go back to the older version

Regards
Mike Barnes

Hi
You have the option during windows install to format the drive which clears out all files on c:
You will get option to repair existing windows or install over top of existing windows or format and install from scratch

Quick format is default and some data files may be recovered if not overwritten
Otherwise full format overwrites all of disk ( vista & 7 not XP)

Cd implies XP as vista & 7 &. 8 come on DVD

This is a software not hardware question where giving your windows version(s) would be usefull to give correct answer

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution
A bootable program called "Parted Magic" can be downloaded and installed to a bootable USB flash drive or bootable DC/DVD. http://partedmagic.com/

Parted Magic can perform a "Secure Erase" on an SSD, which I have been led to believe, is the preferred method to "Wipe" an SSD.

I don't know if this is any better than reformatting, but it is what I usually see recommended for SSDs. A SE will return the SSD to "like new" or "factory fresh" condition.

Yogi