[SOLVED] Windows update 1903 rollback

Fors4x

Prominent
May 12, 2019
Hi there, recently my partners pc went through an update to Windows 10 ver. 1903. After the update happened we had some problems, but the worst and most pressing one currently is that for some reason the microphone audio quality has essentially jumped off a cliff.

We have checked the default format, played with the microphone levels, and checked for driver updates. It's not helping and we're at a bit of a loss, since it was working just fine before the update.

That being said, is there anything else we can try to fix it? What problems might there be if we do the rollback? And how long would it take for the rollback to finish?

Solution
D
Before rolling everything back going to device manager and on the audio devices you can right click and try rolling the drivers back
D

Deleted member 14196

Before rolling everything back going to device manager and on the audio devices you can right click and try rolling the drivers back

Solution

Fors4x

Prominent
May 12, 2019
The problem with this rollback is that you can't stay at v180x forever.
Do you have any other suggestions for us? Besides permanently disabling the thing and continuing on an unsupported version, we do need to be able to use a mic to speak with others. We know this one works, but have no idea what might have changed in the update which has caused it to sound so low quality.

Being on a limited budget we also can't exactly buy new equipment when we're pretty sure the equipment itself isn't deteriorated. Given all this, if there is another way, I'd rather persue that, as I don't have that much faith in MS to not somehow get more issues when doing this rollback.

Nevertheless we have to do something, so I'm really all ears.

TRENDING THREADS