[SOLVED] Windows Update Demolished my PC

May 7, 2020
Windows automatically updated the other day and it basically broke my computer. My headset no longer works with its drivers even though theyre updated and rolling them back doesnt help, I get HID-compliant headset critical errors in my event logs. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD came back and has happened twice while typing this lol, I'm also getting SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD and a lot of kernel errors and Driver-framework errors in my event log. Is this even fixable or do I have to wait for a windows update? all my hardware is new

GTX 2080 ti FTW3
i7-8700k @5ghz
2tb samsung 870 evo ssd
2tb samsung 970 evo plus m.2
850w corsair RMX PSU
64GB g.skill 3200mhz ram
NZXT Kraken x62 AIO watercooler
Logitech g502 Mouse
Hyperx Cloud 2 Headset
Corsair k70 keyboard
Dell S2719DGF 27" QHD free-sync monitor

Solution
Ahh, so my best bet is to wait for an update again. Thats kinda sad. My computer has shut down more than 20 times the past day, honestly gonna stop using it for a few and hope to come back to an update. Upsetting that Microsoft cant get 1 update right, youd think after as many years as theyve been working on drivers and updates that theyd be able to release a stable one.
I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows on your computer as it sounds like it is not usable in its current state.
May 7, 2020
im missing drivers and files that I never deleted and cant restore my system because updating it reset the file history and this computer was booted maybe 2 months ago so I never made a backup sadly

May 7, 2020
"
Image Version: 10.0.18363.959

No component store corruption detected.
The operation completed successfully.
"
Nothing, got the service_exception BSOD 10 minutes ago while playing valorant, immediately followed by the irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD right when it booted.
Ive also tried chkdsk in cmd while administrative, no luck. and sfc scannow, also with no luck.
When I chkdsk my E: drive (which doesnt hold my OS), I get
"
The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.
Windows has checked the file system and found problems.
"
But when i try to fix it through cmd it doesnt work, I kinda dont want to resort to a clean install of windows because well, this problem only started after I updated to the latest version of windows 10

I had a recent issue with a WIndows update, luckily it wasn't as bad as your issue. Mine was the machine took 5 to 10 minutes to shutdown. After trying everything I could Google to solve I gave up. After the next Windows update, the shutdown time returned to less than a minute.

May 7, 2020
Ahh, so my best bet is to wait for an update again. Thats kinda sad. My computer has shut down more than 20 times the past day, honestly gonna stop using it for a few and hope to come back to an update. Upsetting that Microsoft cant get 1 update right, youd think after as many years as theyve been working on drivers and updates that theyd be able to release a stable one.

I would suggest doing a clean install of Windows on your computer as it sounds like it is not usable in its current state.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Irq not less than equal is most commonly a voltage issue, the cpu isn't getting enough. With windows updates, it'll mess with the power plan sometimes, and other user settings it'll return to default, which you might have had disabled for a reason.

Windows updates can also mess with motherboard drivers, especially audio and Lan, but will also include sata, USB, pcie, etc. Try updating all of them from motherboard support website.

May 7, 2020
reset my pc and it hasnt crashed since, it was a widnows issue that came with the update. I havent done the latest update and im ignoring it as long as i can. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Flayed