Windows Update does not want to, guess what, update! Please help

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
''Downloading 9 updates (0 KB total, 0% complete), it has been like this since 12 PM, so for four hours and twenty minutes now, I have tried everything, I restarted a computer several times, I shut down computer and then turn it on again several times, I deleted everything in ''Windows/SoftwareDistribution/Download'', and I tried in opening ''MSConfig'' and disabling some processes as was suggested on this site, but that didnt work as well, Windows just doesnt want to update and its starting to annoy me because my fans are really loud and 40% of RAM is currently in use altough Im doing nothing but browsing on this site, somebody please suggest something else

Solution
Set Windows update settings to "never check for updates". Bring up the task manager and click on "show processes from all users". Click on the cpu tab to show the highest cpu usage programs. Right click on svchost.exe, and select "go to services". Right click "windows update" as shown under the description tab and click on "stop service".

moulderhere

Distinguished
Please download Windows Repair off Bleeping computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

Once installed, you will have the option to fix any sort of major windows registry, or any windows related issues. I would unselect everything in the option list, and just select "Windows Update" so it only fixes windows update.

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
I use Windows 7 and I did not install Windows 7 recently, I have it for 3 years now and Windows Update always installs perfectly fine, this is the first time I have this problem, I will try the program moulderhere suggested, Ill return with info if it worked or not

Funadddelic

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
The program moulderhere suggested did not work and has now been on ''Checking for updates'' for an hour or so, any solution left? It became annoying as hell now because I cant play video games normally because this Update is using 40 percent of my CPU and 41 percent of RAM!

schwatzz

Distinguished
Set Windows update settings to "never check for updates". Bring up the task manager and click on "show processes from all users". Click on the cpu tab to show the highest cpu usage programs. Right click on svchost.exe, and select "go to services". Right click "windows update" as shown under the description tab and click on "stop service".

Solution