windows Update doesn't worK?

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I recently bought 2 copies of Windows 7 for my computers,the one with the problem is GA-G31M-ESL.
it has a Duel Core processor, 2 GB RAM,and runs @2,50 GHz.
the video is integrated, as is the audio.
i installed it, i hope correctly: when the window giving the two options appeared ,i picked Upgrade which would let me keep my files.But it would not let me ,so I had to restart,put the disc back in and chose the second option.I tried to remove the one partition.i got a message that if i did this something would happen to the partition files, so i clicked ok. then it started installing the windows 7 without formating, so i let it finish.
anyway,to make a long story short, i then installed IE !!.0. Then i installed the antivirus,then i went to Windows Update to get the needed updates,two days ago. As of today, no updates have been 'found".
is the install disc defective, or did i forget to do something in installing the
Windows 7.0?the only installed updates were those needed for installing the IE 11.0.
i would like to upgrade it andone of my other computers to the free Windows 10, but need to have those three files installed efore i can do the upgrade, don't I?
please help me.
i appreciate any advice/recommendations offered.
simonchipmunk

Solution
If your up and running, I'd say you installed it correctly. It took may hours of downloading updates last time I installed Windows 7.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
I am sorry I forgot to mention that the Windows 7 programs are legitimate copies.
I tried the Windows 7 troubleshooter, and it couldn't figure out what was causing the problem.
things got weirder after I posted my problem. thank you to those whoresponded to my plea for help.
I turned on the computer and checked for updates, and below the window, I saw a statement that said check for updates has never been run, Yet below that it shows the last time updates were installed. I checked my internet connection and it was okay. I waited an hour, and then shut it down. Low and behold, I saw the notice that updates were being installed. i waited an hour, and turned it on again, and did some work.Then shut it down. I looked at the screen and this time 182 updates were being installed, so I let the computer install them. Waited a half hour, then turned it on again.checked for updates. the statement below the update window still says check for updates have never been installed, yet below it shows the time that the 182 updates were installed.
I will try the Windows Update Fixit and see if that helps.
My one question is , did I install the windows 7 correctly?
simonchipmunk