Window's Update Fails

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
Just did a fresh install of Win7 and have many many updates to install etc. I selected about 50 updates to install at this time and it just says downloading but remains at 0% even though the bar is active and green as if its downloading. I went to MS support website and try running the "Fix it" to troubleshoot and that just does the same thing. I have Avira AV installed if that is any help...

Thanks in advance :/

Solution
I had trouble with Windows 7 Updates not working. Searching for hours. Tried sooo many different things and some I thought were going to work and then in the end same problem, Wouldn't install the ones it found or just kept searching. Tried to solve this issue for over a week.

Then I found a thread and the solution worked. Save your self some time and try it.

download.wsusoffline.net

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2895050/windows-update-checking-updates-stuck-forever.html

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
This happens a lot for Windows 7. I remember reading somewhere else that if you have high RAM usage when using Windows update, or low RAM in general,it will take a long time for updates to occur. One thing you can check is go to the windows start button and look to see if the shutdown button has the windows update icon. If it does you can sort of jump start the updates by shutting down. Not sure if it makes it any faster but at least you know it will be working.

cctaylor88

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2010
I actually got several of the updates to download/installed last night with the exception of one that ended in error. Left the computer running all night and checked it this morning before work. I went through the next round again this morning (well over 100 updates again) and after clicking out (because I had selected all the updates I wanted) it then showed only a total of 5 updates. Hard to explain, but basically my second round of updates showed over 100 and then out of no where went down to just 5, didn't like this so we will see once I get home from work today.

corb345

Reputable
Mar 8, 2016
I had trouble with Windows 7 Updates not working. Searching for hours. Tried sooo many different things and some I thought were going to work and then in the end same problem, Wouldn't install the ones it found or just kept searching. Tried to solve this issue for over a week.

Then I found a thread and the solution worked. Save your self some time and try it.

download.wsusoffline.net

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2895050/windows-update-checking-updates-stuck-forever.html

Solution