Windows Update Failures

ltham1

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
Hi.

I recently re-installed Windows Vista on an old pc and to install the Graphics Card drivers I need Service Pack 1 or higher. Unfortunately when I do windows updates my pc gets stuck in a boot loop or tells me Windows failed to start. I can repair it using the installation disc but I need to update because its telling me that ive got 14mb or something on my graphics card and my pc looks resolution looks terrible. Im buying Windows 7 soon but first I want to get this issue solved.

Thanks

Solution
First off make sure your time, date and time zone are set correctly!
Then make sure to install all other updates available before attempting to install the service pack and restart your computer several times each time manually check for new updates.
If this fails go to microsoft.com and download the standalone service pack or download the system update readiness tool and give it a try, I have had mixed luck with it but vista has been very buggy trying to get the updates and service packs to go through.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Tremec

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
First off make sure your time, date and time zone are set correctly!
Then make sure to install all other updates available before attempting to install the service pack and restart your computer several times each time manually check for new updates.
If this fails go to microsoft.com and download the standalone service pack or download the system update readiness tool and give it a try, I have had mixed luck with it but vista has been very buggy trying to get the updates and service packs to go through.
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Solution