Windows Update keeps downloading drivers for a removed GPU

Cerberus_SV

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Some time ago my GPU (AMD Radeon HD 7870) stopped working correctly. Since i wasnt sure about it from the start, i tried some things and one of it was formatting my drive and reinstalling windows. After windows was installed, it detected my GPU and downloaded its AMD drivers automatically but when it tried to install them, i was having black screen (it turned out that my GPU was damaged and could work only with generic windows drivers). So after that, i removed the GPU from my computer and i switched to my Intel onboard graphics. The problem that i am facing though is that windows update still finds AMD driver updates and tries to install them (sometimes unsuccessfully and some others it says successfully for some strange reason). I used the AMD driver uninstaller to remove any remnants of the drivers to see if that solves it and it seems that it uninstalled some things successfully and asked for a restart. After the restart, Windows Update found and started downloading AMD drivers again! In a few words, Windows behaves as if my GPU is still connected to my computer and will always download and try to install its drivers. If i try to remove any, it will download them back from the start. Is there anything i can do about it?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690
M/B: Gigabyte Z97-HD3

Cerberus_SV

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006

I have already tried it unfortunately and it didnt work. I deactivated the automatic driver update, i cleared Windows Update cache, used AMD clean up utility and i restarted my computer.. When windows rebooted, the Windows Update started downloading those drivers again. Every time i delete them, windows downloads and installs them from the start.