Windows Update + Login

ahmedinhoffb10

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
After installing Windows 07/15/16 update, my laptop asked for password at the login screen in which I have a group policy already set to by pass it. To solve that issue, I ran gpupdate /force for all laptops affected. Again after installing 08/13/16, I am having the same issue. All the laptops in which I have the group policy set for are prompting for a password. My questions are: what windows update is causing this that was installed on both 07/15/16 and 08/13/16 and what would be a long term solution for this issue?

Solution
Hello ahmedinhoffb10

When you mentioned about bypassing the password prompts, do you mean you have specified a password to the user account but have configured Windows to accept the password automatically without having you to type it every time? If so, can you please confirm which group policy did you configure?

Also, since you mentioned 'all laptops affected', can you please confirm if your computers are part of a domain where the domain policies are applicable on them?

I was wondering if you already tried using the NETPLWIZ command and unchecking the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox after selecting your preferred user account from the Users for this computer list?

Please...
Hello ahmedinhoffb10

When you mentioned about bypassing the password prompts, do you mean you have specified a password to the user account but have configured Windows to accept the password automatically without having you to type it every time? If so, can you please confirm which group policy did you configure?

Also, since you mentioned 'all laptops affected', can you please confirm if your computers are part of a domain where the domain policies are applicable on them?

I was wondering if you already tried using the NETPLWIZ command and unchecking the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer checkbox after selecting your preferred user account from the Users for this computer list?

Please provide us with the needed information to allow us to help you with more accurate solutions.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS