Windows update removed my old driver

Nov 26, 2018
Hello. Im having a problem with my Ethernet driver I updated windows one night and went to bed. when I got onto my PC the next morning my internet was just not working so I unplugged my Ethernet cable and plugged it back in and it started to work again but its capped at 100 mbps now. I'm guessing its a driver problem but I have done everything so far and nothing has worked.
My internet speed is about 250 mbps and I normal get that on speedtest. Im willing to fac reset windows but don't want to if I don't have to I got a LAN driver from my motherboards website that did not work I tried letting windows do it nothing . it would show in the Network and Sharing Center 1 Gb when clicking on the Ethernet stats thing now its just 100. If anyone can help that would be lovely.

Nov 26, 2018

Yes I have xfinity but I don't think that is the problem it just happen after a windows update

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Click on your netwok connections and open Ethernet staus box. Click on properties another box will open. Click on configure, click on advanced tab, scroll down to speed and duplex open that. To the righ there is a small box that says value. Open that and set it to 1gbs full duplex. See if that speeds things up.

Nov 26, 2018

This worked back to 250mbps thank you its odd that windows did that but thanks for the help