Windows updated failed on windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBAUSTRALIA007

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I'm getting this message upon windows update? I think windows is trying to update me to windows 10

NW4qygk

Solution
If you want to upgrade:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and enter, then ...
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

This is from reddit and it works, it's legit, but i think it only updates the system and you can't do a clean install if you want to.

game-source

Distinguished
May 8, 2014
If you want to upgrade:

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and enter, then ...
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.

This is from reddit and it works, it's legit, but i think it only updates the system and you can't do a clean install if you want to.

Solution

MRBAUSTRALIA007

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Yes I have enough space on my hardrive. And i don't need to backup anything on windows 7. I've heard of that method working @game_source But i don't want to try it at my own risk!! And I've downloaded the windows iso file to do a clean install if i wish to do it which i want to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS