Windows Updated HPLJ6 Driver

After allowing WU to install an updated version of HP's LJ6 driver, I now
receive a Job Storage Identification dialog on every print job; this dialog
requires user interaction and is very annoying. There is an option to click
a check-box to NOT show this information, however in our environment, this is
not really an viable option. Furthermore, after this update was applied, I
no longer am able to get into the printing preferences of the printer,
attempting to do so cause Explorer.exe to produce a protection fault.
Printing preferences is where you disable the Job Storage Identification
feature, which by the way is disabled on the print driver on the server.
These printers are installed via VBS script and I have re-installed the
printer driver on the server, however problem with workstations still exist.
This specific WU does not allow for uninstalling, thus my question is how do
I rectify this issue?
Should I manually delete all 48 files associated with this printer driver
(found by going into the properties of the printer and on the “About� tab)?

HELP

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

"luvwknd" <luvwknd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<055E14A2-A3F3-420F-90A4-522A9EAEDAC0@microsoft.com>...
> After allowing WU to install an updated version of HP's LJ6 driver, I now
> receive a Job Storage Identification dialog on every print job; this dialog
> requires user interaction and is very annoying. There is an option to click
> a check-box to NOT show this information, however in our environment, this is
> not really an viable option. Furthermore, after this update was applied, I
> no longer am able to get into the printing preferences of the printer,
> attempting to do so cause Explorer.exe to produce a protection fault.
> Printing preferences is where you disable the Job Storage Identification
> feature, which by the way is disabled on the print driver on the server.
> These printers are installed via VBS script and I have re-installed the
> printer driver on the server, however problem with workstations still exist.
> This specific WU does not allow for uninstalling, thus my question is how do
> I rectify this issue?
> Should I manually delete all 48 files associated with this printer driver
> (found by going into the properties of the printer and on the "About� tab)?
>
> HELP

Same thing here. Not affecting all users, but many that are using
4200 and 1300 laserjets here. The driver version that shows up here
happens to be 60.5.103.42 for both, but according to HP, the 1300
should have 60.5.17.2, and the 4200 60.05.30.04. Something doesn't
make sense. You can tell the system to update the print
system/driver, and reference back to the d/l version from HP's page,
but that doesn't replace the driver for whatever reason. I'm trying
to remove and add printer next. Our printers are also installed on
the server.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I am also having these issues. For us it is the HP 4300. We have the
Explorer.exe GPF, the Storage pop-up, and also a loss of communication
via Terminal Services for Applications.

I have tried reinstalling the old drivers via creating a new printer
share. It has been futile. Please post anything you may find
regarding this and I will do the same. Thanks!

John

"beaujo" wrote:
> I am also having these issues. For us it is the HP 4300. We
> have the
> Explorer.exe GPF, the Storage pop-up, and also a loss of
> communication
> via Terminal Services for Applications.
>
> I have tried reinstalling the old drivers via creating a new
> printer
> share. It has been futile. Please post anything you may find
> regarding this and I will do the same. Thanks!
>
> John
>

> fsu@runbox.com (Ken) wrote in message
> > "luvwknd" <luvwknd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<055E14A2-A3F3-420F-90A4-522A9EAEDAC0@microsoft.com>...
>  > > After allowing WU to install an updated version of
> HP's LJ6 driver, I now
>  > > receive a Job Storage Identification dialog on every
> print job; this dialog
>  > > requires user interaction and is very annoying.
> There is an option to click
>  > > a check-box to NOT show this information, however in
> our environment, this is
>  > > not really an viable option. Furthermore, after
> this update was applied, I
>  > > no longer am able to get into the printing
> preferences of the printer,
>  > > attempting to do so cause Explorer.exe to produce a
> protection fault.
>  > > Printing preferences is where you disable the Job
> Storage Identification
>  > > feature, which by the way is disabled on the print
> driver on the server.
>  > > These printers are installed via VBS script and I
> have re-installed the
>  > > printer driver on the server, however problem with
> workstations still exist.
>  > > This specific WU does not allow for uninstalling,
> thus my question is how do
>  > > I rectify this issue?
>  > > Should I manually delete all 48 files associated
> with this printer driver
>  > > (found by going into the properties of the printer
> and on the “Aboutâ€� tab)?
>  > >
>  > > HELP
> >
> > Same thing here. Not affecting all users, but many that are
> using
> > 4200 and 1300 laserjets here. The driver version that shows
> up here
> > happens to be 60.5.103.42 for both, but according to HP, the
> 1300
> > should have 60.5.17.2, and the 4200 60.05.30.04. Something
> doesn't
> > make sense. You can tell the system to update the print
> > system/driver, and reference back to the d/l version from
> HP's page,
> > but that doesn't replace the driver for whatever reason.
> I'm trying
> > to remove and add printer next. Our printers are also
> installed on
> > the server.

Hi!

Well, it happened the same to me, installed the WU update for the HP
Laserjet and started to have problems printing to a HP Laserjet 4200
and 2300 printers.

The files I recovered from the backup are the following, located at
system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3:

hpcevt05.dll
hpcrd05.dll
hpcstr05.dll
hpcui05.dll
hpprn05.dll
hpcxrd05.dll

I just changed these files and it worked for me. The files on the
server had the version 60.5.30.4, and i changed for the same files
with version 60.5.17.2.
I also run a logon script to rename these files on the clients (win2k
and XP clients).

I’ve been in contact with the HP Technical Support and they don’t have
any information, apart from the one they found in this forum and
others, all with the same solution (restore the spool directory).

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Configuration-Manage-Windows-Updated-HPLJ6-Driver-ftopict219320.html

SJP

"pgp" wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well, it happened the same to me, installed the WU update for
> the HP Laserjet and started to have problems printing to a HP
> Laserjet 4200 and 2300 printers.
>
> The files I recovered from the backup are the following,
> located at system32spooldriversw32x863:
>
> hpcevt05.dll
> hpcrd05.dll
> hpcstr05.dll
> hpcui05.dll
> hpprn05.dll
> hpcxrd05.dll
>
> I just changed these files and it worked for me. The files on
> the server had the version 60.5.30.4, and i changed for the
> same files with version 60.5.17.2.
> I also run a logon script to rename these files on the
> clients (win2k and XP clients).
>
> I've been in contact with the HP Technical Support and they
> don't have any information, apart from the one they found in
> this forum and others, all with the same solution (restore the
> spool directory).

I too just recently had the exact same problem. I am trying to find a
resolution for this. HP was of no help. I do not have the driver
revision 60.5.17.2 to try pgp’s resolution, and have had no attempt
locating that version. The only version out there is the 60.5.103.42,
that got me into this mess in the first place. Could someone please
respond with another solution to try.ASAP

--
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=718145

"sjp" wrote:
> I too just recently had the exact same problem. I am trying to
> find a resolution for this. HP was of no help. I do not have
> the driver revision 60.5.17.2 to try pgp's resolution, and
> have had no attempt locating that version. The only version
> out there is the 60.5.103.42, that got me into this mess in
> the first place. Could someone please respond with another
> solution to try.ASAP

Hi!

What printer do you have? 4200 or 2300?

I can try to send you these files for you to replace the newer ones...

--
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/eform.php?p=718146