[SOLVED] Windows updates empty for a long time now

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
Hi

It seems that something happened with the Windows update.
Not long time ago I saw 2005 update waiting for me along with other updates.
I updated everything except for 2005, I wanted to wait a while before installing it.
A week or so ago, I noticed that 2005 update is gone from the list and also no new updates are available. It says that my Windows is up to date. No error no nothing.

The history shows that the last update happened on June 10th 2020 and nothing since.
Windows defender definitions are updating (using Windows update) but that's the only thing that is happening.
Windows update troubleshooter shows no problem.
Any idea what might went wrong?
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
I think you're referring to version 2004. I'd ask you to leave things as is and make sure all your critical content on C drive is backed up. Have a bootable USB installer handy that's made using Windows Media Creation Tools in case you will need to reinstall the OS. FYI, the latest installer made using the tool above, will grant you the latest version of Windows 10 which is 2004.

Might want to also see if your motherboard has any updates pending prior to doing an update to the OS.

Amossss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2015
You are right, it is 2004 and not 2005. winver shows me 1909.

I can use the media creation tool but that will only update to 2004 without all the updates from the last 2 months. I prefer to "fix", if there is something to fix, the problem or at least understand why it happens.

Is there any regedit entry that I can check or any other idea that might give a hint?
Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can't, version updates take you to the base build of the version, then you get cumulative update that will include all updates since its release, as well as defender ones and maybe a few others.

The version update may fix problem by replacing the current installed version.

2004 also includes the updates from previous versions. so no need to worry about missing anything.