Windows Updates keeps turning on

AGuyHonestly

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
Okay first of all yes i tried disabling the service, works until i restart the pc. I have ethernet connection and have metered on but still turns back on. I have windows 10 home so i cant do gpedit. WHAT DO I DO?? It literally starts up with my computer, and if i forget to turn it off it makes my games lag to unplayable because it eats up about 40% of cpu usage.

Solution
You cannot disable Windows 10 updates. Period.

Recently there has been news of two very serious security flaws known as Meltdown and Spectre. Basically the flaws allow malware to take advantage of how the CPU are designed to execute instructions (branch predictions) which can be used to monitor your activities, steal your information, execute "illegal" codes, etc. The updates will cause performance issues; the older the CPU to bigger the potential performance impact.

For companies running servers the performance impact could be up to a 20% to 30% decrease in performance. According to Intel, I believe they estimate that typical users should have something like a 6% - 10% performance impact; but it depends on what you do.

Here's a...
You cannot disable Windows 10 updates. Period.

Recently there has been news of two very serious security flaws known as Meltdown and Spectre. Basically the flaws allow malware to take advantage of how the CPU are designed to execute instructions (branch predictions) which can be used to monitor your activities, steal your information, execute "illegal" codes, etc. The updates will cause performance issues; the older the CPU to bigger the potential performance impact.

For companies running servers the performance impact could be up to a 20% to 30% decrease in performance. According to Intel, I believe they estimate that typical users should have something like a 6% - 10% performance impact; but it depends on what you do.

Here's a video about the Meltdown and Spectre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgiYM8e5iE

Simply allow Windows 10 to update overnight when you go to sleep.

Solution