[SOLVED] Windows USB Recovery Partition Issue

May 25, 2022
Hello,
I recently used a new disk drive of mines to install windows on my new PC. I tried to wipe it to get it back to normal using the disk manager but for some reason, it always stays in two partitions, and I cannot merge the two together, even when I tried to reformat it (NTFS, basic??). What should I do to be able to access the entirety of my drive in a single partition? Thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hello,
I recently used a new disk drive of mines to install windows on my new PC. I tried to wipe it to get it back to normal using the disk manager but for some reason, it always stays in two partitions, and I cannot merge the two together, even when I tried to reformat it (NTFS, basic??). What should I do to be able to access the entirety of my drive in a single partition? Thanks
What "drive" did you use for this install?

Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window, showing all drives involved.

May 25, 2022
What "drive" did you use for this install?

Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window, showing all drives involved.
Not gonna lie, I am not aware of the conventions of posting images here since it asks me for a link, how would I go about doing this?

5TB drive has to be partitioned in GPT for all capacity to become available.
You have it partitioned as MBR.

Delete partition D : .
Right-click on disk (where it says Basic) and choose Convert to GPT.
Then create a new partition spanning whole disk.

May 25, 2022
Wow that was really easy, thanks! Just making sure, does it need to be NTFS with the default allocation unit size? Also, why is it that what I had did not work, just out of curiosity?

ASK THE COMMUNITY