[SOLVED] Windows USB Recovery Partition Issue

May 25, 2022
Hello,
I recently used a new disk drive of mines to install windows on my new PC. I tried to wipe it to get it back to normal using the disk manager but for some reason, it always stays in two partitions, and I cannot merge the two together, even when I tried to reformat it (NTFS, basic??). What should I do to be able to access the entirety of my drive in a single partition? Thanks

Solution
Disk 2?
That is partitioned as MBR. Which only allows a 2.2TB partition.

Delete all partitions, reformat as GPT. This will allow accessing the whole drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello,
I recently used a new disk drive of mines to install windows on my new PC. I tried to wipe it to get it back to normal using the disk manager but for some reason, it always stays in two partitions, and I cannot merge the two together, even when I tried to reformat it (NTFS, basic??). What should I do to be able to access the entirety of my drive in a single partition? Thanks
What "drive" did you use for this install?

Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window, showing all drives involved.

May 25, 2022
Wow that was really easy, thanks! Just making sure, does it need to be NTFS with the default allocation unit size? Also, why is it that what I had did not work, just out of curiosity?