syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I found out from my email that Microsoft is now offering the Vista Beta 2 to the public for free. Well not exactly free... you have to have a subscription. Specifically, you have to have a "MSDN Operating Systems" subscription.

Typically, I think most software developing companies already have this. So if you work for one of these then you are in luck! :p

I just wanted to know if anyone has this and would like to enlighten the rest of us as to what is up with it??

p.s. if you dont want to pay for anything you can try out all the new office products... but I think we all know that MS office hasn't changed since MS word 1997 :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Office has actually changed a lot... but I digress.

Vista will be publically available shortly... no MSDN or Technet subscription necessary. So if you wait a few days, you can try it out for yourself.

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
So there will be a beta version available for the public??

You will not need any sort of subscription?? When will this happen and where????

I am interested in trying out the new windows!

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
8O Vista is available on e bay for $20, seller claims it will install from disc AND COMES with activation number.

8) Also many of torrent like websites have it right now, its kind of long download & may not even install, or even display anything.

:lol: Apparently Vista is not as finished as we might hope, yet ms BETA claims by mid June Vista will be freely available to millions of users on demand.You'll need shader model 2 compliant equipment.

:arrow: Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.

Powerdog_69er

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2006
Vista is available on e bay for $20, seller claims it will install from disc AND COMES with activation number.

Well because you got me curious, I went to Ebay... could not find one single copy of Vista for $20 or any amount for that matter. Please paste the link...

You'll need shader model 2 compliant equipment.

Haven't heard or read that one either...could you please paste the link.