Windows Vista Computer Messed Up With Viruses

G

Hello I was asked to repair a computer and after I had a look at it, it was completely filled with viruses, malware, and pop ups. I tried my best to deal with this by running malware bytes. I ran malware bytes and it removed some of the viruses and restarted my PC. After it did it's thing I gave it another restart but when it came back on I tried to launch malware bytes again and it wouldn't work. Whenever I launched it it just said malware bytes is not responding and crashed (maybe the virus was blocking it from running). I tried to reinstall it but it wouldn't launch. I heard that most well programmed malwares able to bypass virus removal. I was wondering if there is a way to completely reset my hard drive or reset it to factory settings or wipe it completely. Also if I reset the hard drive is it possible for it to hide somewhere else and come back. When I do reset it what are some good programs I should install. The current one has avg free. When I reset it I'm thinking of installing: malware bytes, ccleaner, and unchecky. Also since it's a hp computer it comes with norton antivirus (which I heard was bad) and I wonder if it will reinstalls and I'll have to uninstall it.

Here is the PC: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01465973&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

TRENDING THREADS